Thursday, April 7, 2011

What I want to learn next


     You don't see this that often but it still exists.  Some places are known for their Coffee Art and they're even showcased on food shows.  I like to be surprised.  I like it when I go to some random coffee shop, just looking for some caffeine and the barista makes an attempt at Coffee Art.  Sometimes, it is really, really bad.  Everyone has to start somewhere right?  Then there are a few times where the barista seems to make this effortless.  I think that perfecting Coffee Art will give me that special touch for the future shop.
     Of course it looks easy.  What could be so difficult?  You brew the espresso, froth and steam your milk, start pouring the milk and then make the slick little zigzag side-to-side to make the above design.  Sounds easy, but not so much.  I've tried and it just never seemed to pan out.  Not only do you want it to look good, it has to taste good.  A common mistake is to over steam the milk to try and get more and more froth.  Also, too much froth will not help you in making Coffee Art.  There's that perfect stage where the milk and froth are right where they need to be, something that I still have yet to get a hold of.  So now it's time to learn and practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment