Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Making Valentine's Dessert for my Wife

    How Valentine's Day is celebrated depends on the couple.  Some couples do more than others and there's nothing wrong with that.  What's important is to make it your own.  In keeping with your particular style of romance, be creative.  Try not to do the same thing every year.  Getting flowers is something that I do every year for my wife but the rest is up in the air.  Sometimes we go out to eat, sometimes we cook for each other but gift giving is never that big for us.  Given our limited budget, we both had to be creative this year. 
     Lauren prepared homemade Whoopie Pies for me this year.  The cake portion was banana and the cream middle was peanut butter flavored, pretty amazing.  For me, being disappointed with the normal selection of confection's that are available in most stores, I decided to prepare homemade truffles for Lauren.
Chocolate Peppermint Truffles with Homemade Lemon Curd and a Dragon Fruit Infused Cream
(it was late so you'll have to excuse the amateur plating job)

Everything was fairly easy to make, just time consuming.  She loved them and made it all worthwhile.  No matter what you do for your significant other, stay creative.

2 comments:

  1. this is so sweet. i think the plating job looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just a little critical of myself. Who is this by the way?

      Delete