Friday, June 10, 2011

Pumpkin Ginger Bread

     This is very much a Winter/Christmas style bread but if you ever find yourself looking through your pantry and you come across Pumpkin Puree, why not enjoy a little bread.  It's a very simply quick bread with the basic ingredients of sugar, butter, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger. 
     What I like to do with my sweet quick breads is to cream the fat in the sugar, just as you would a cookie mix.  Then I added the wet ingredients, once they were mixed, I added all of the dry ingredients.  It's very important to remember to never over mix these breads, if you do, your bread can become tough.  You also have to keep in mind what altitude you are at.  I'm so used to baking breads in Georgia that coming to Colorado has really made me relearn what I need to know as a baker.
     Not much to this entry, just wanted to share what I did tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment